Friday, July 18, 2008

TGIF!

The Sunset Run was quite an event on Thursday! Over 100 people showed up for the social run and apparnetly we raised about $1400 for the Live Strong Foundation. It was freezing in San Francisco that night. Very windy and chilly. Very typical summer evening in the city. Ha! And no, I didn't win the raffle for the Nike Women's Marathon. I was pretty bummed. But I did get a nice technical shirt with the Sunset Run design on the back from Nike. And they had free food and even Jamba Juice. I'm always happy with free food! Anyway, I'll have to find another way to get entrace into the marathon now... Anyone want to sell me their bib??

The run itself was great. I felt good and ran about 8:57 pace for the 5 mile run. The run started from the "monkey bars" at the start of the Marina greens (near Safeway) and ended at Hopper's Hands. The route was very flat so that probably had a lot to do with it. The only thing that sucked was the drive back home after I was all sweaty and icky from the run. Note to self: Need to move closer to San Francisco...

I was supposed to do an 8 miler on Wednesday but I got home and totally fell asleep. By the time I got up around 9pm, I had no desire to go run. Just wanted to eat at that point. This morning, I ran only 3 miles on the treadmill, just to make up for Wednesday. But, as Marathon Matt said on his email broadcast this week, "Literally, there is NOTHING more we can do these next few weeks to better prepare you for race day. The best thing you can do is 'maintain' your current level of fitness and focus on rest, recovery, and mental preparation for race day." I think I did a good job this morning, trying to "maintain."

12 miles tomorrow morning... Right before my bridal shower!!! I am so excited. About the bridal shower, that is.

6 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine how nice it would feel to run in temps below 75 degrees!

    Have a wonderful time tomorrow. Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog - I'm a south bay girl, too! :) Yes, I am planning to run the SJ RnR Half marathon - although my training has been really bad lately. I plan to join the Nike Club Runs in SF starting this weekend to help motivate me. It's a rough drive on Saturday mornings but so worth it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooohh.. Have fun at your shower!! Yay, I hope you get lots of cool gifts! Good job on the race, I hope that you find a bib for the marathon. Maybe you can find me one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun at your shower, and don't despair about Nike marathon. My sis' is signed up to run with me, but she's doing UBC as well and hasn't done any running. She's pretty half-hearted about running the marathon. I'll let you know if she decides to bail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope you had a great time at the shower!!! sounds like thurs night was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope you had a great time at the shower!!! sounds like thurs night was a blast!

    ReplyDelete