Is it me or do Fridays seem to come around faster and faster? It's great but why do they come around so quickly??
Thank you for all the marathon/running book suggestions! I ordered 26.2 Marathon Stories (for pictures) and the Ultraman by Dean Karnazes for some inspiration from Half.com at ridiculously cheap prices. I've written down all the other titles and hope to order them one after the other. Thank you for again! If I'm not running, I will be reading!
Also, did a great 6 miler yesterday. I tried loosening my laces as ncrunner12 suggested and it's a little better. But we'll have to see. I'm resting today but going for 8 miles tomorrow!
And, I've been tagged by *Aron* and ncrunner12... Thanks for the love! So here are my 6 random things:
1. I've lived in Kazakhstan for 18 months from 2001-2002. During this time, I had an opportunity to northwest China, Uzbekistan and Afghanistan. Yep, you heard me correctly. After 9/11 tragedy and everything else that ensued, Afghanistan was opened up to outsiders. I was able to enter with international aid organizations to do "aid" work. It was life changing, to say the least!
2. I commute 53 mile each way for work - no morning runs for me, sadly. Sometimes, it takes me up to 2 hours. My hubby and I carpool together so it's usually less but still. We really need to do something about it. Either we move closer to my work or I need to find a new job. I'm starting to have mini-breakdowns about the commute these days. The thing is, my work relocated back to the Bay Area from New York so I have to pay back my relocation fees. Which is about $10,000+. Yikes. (Good thing I work from home on Fridays!)
3. I am currently sporting eyelash extensions. I know, this probably sounds strange but these kind of cosmetic enhancements actually exist! I have individual fake eyelashes glued to my natural ones. (Someone else did it and it took 3 hours. I know, I'm crazy!) They are super long. Without it, I nornally look like a fire victim. Oh the things I go through to look "good".
4. I can whistle to just about any tune. And really good at it, too.
5. I have 3 tattoos and early next year, planning on getting more. I found this awesome tattoo artist near by but she's so booked up, I have to wait til February of 2009. I currently have a tiger (born the year of), phoenix (I was young when I got this one) and my name in Chinese characters... Not sure why I did that because I'm actually Korean!??! I am planning on getting on dogwood blossoms because I need something a bit more feminine! I love how it looks and what it represents.
6. I don't turn red when I drink. Which is a good thing when I don't want to look sloshed. The bad thing is that I get sloshed way too often because of that exact reason...
Happy Friday everyone!! Have a great weekend and great races for those of you who are racing. You are all Kenyans to me. REALLY! (What is it about Kenyans that moves us so much??)