A few things to update you on:
1. I am pretty sure I did not win the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge. As of yesterday, I collected about 89 points. SO pathetic. My holiday eating was very poor and it showed very effectively on my scale.... going the WRONG direction. :-(
2. I did not set any new years resolutions this year. I am really bad at sticking to it so didn't even bother setting one. I do have some goals... like taking the GMATs and running faster. Oh and I even put a REAL number to gauge my goal of "running faster". I'm aiming for 8% increase in race pace. Yeah, that's A LOT. That will mean lots of speed work this year and hopefully losing some excess weight. See? This 8% has a lot of things tied to it. At this point, the GMATs is looking a whole lot easier... (By the way, I got the % increase of race pace idea from Kara at Between the Miles on Twitter. It's measurable! Brilliant Kara!)
3. I bought an iPhone 3G!!! But I got the refurbished one for half the price a day before new years eve and well, it's taking them a long time to port my number over from Verizon. Supposedly, it's coming in the mail either Tuesday or Wednesday. I am going to miss my Blackberry Curve but maybe I will fall in love with the iPhone, too. At least, that's what I've been told... (Btw, the 50% off sale is over but AT&T is still selling refurbished iPhones online.)
4. I went on my first run yesterday and it was another crappy run. Granted I've been sick since day after Christmas but I thought I was feeling better. And, I was convinced I needed some form of exercise this week. So I dragged Duane out to the Eastshore Park trail, which runs along the Bay (Berkeley to Emeryville). The weather was great, almost 60 degrees when we were done around noon. Unfortunately, I had a miserable run. My mind was willing but the body wasn't. After what felt like an eternity, we finished the 8 miles. I looked at my Nike Plus and turned out I was running at about 9:38 pace. Which wasn't horrible but not great. Today, I skipped out on my 16 miler because I was coughing pretty badly all night long. (Oh and I stayed out pretty late for a birthday party in the city.)
5. I must have been delirious from NyQuil when I wrote my last post. I don't know what I was thinking considering all those marathons. I need to revise that list SOON. Was WAY overly ambitious! See? This is what you runners with a blogging problem (or bloggers with a running problem) do to me!
6. On new year's eve, I met up with few of the fellow Bay Area runner bloggers! It was lovely to meet Liah and Sandra finally! Tara and Maritza, we missed you!
7. I had a fantastic and restful two weeks of vacation. And so thankful that I got to spend it with friends and family! Granted I was sick half the time but I really enjoyed not working. I'm so not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. I really need to find a way to do this all the time. Ok, maybe winning the lottery should be another goal for 2009...
(Me and my niece Analisa, who's almost 2 years old! She lives in Orange County so I don't see her all that often. But, she JUST started saing "auntie". SO CUTE!)
8. Ok, I start my offical training for the Napa Valley Marathon tomorrow!!!
9. I really don't want to go back to work tomorrow.
10. Has anyone seen my NyQuil?