Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Boot Camp

I just signed up for another 4 weeks of boot camp with AlaVie Fitness. They used to be called Bay Area Boot Camp but recently changed their name. They provide boot camp 3 to 5 times a week, both at 5:30am or 6:30am and all over the Bay Area. It's a miracle that I wake up early enough to get to boot camp at 6:30am! I don't know how other women do it at 5:30am. They apparently have co-ed programs, too but I've only participated into the women only boot camp. I've completed two boot camps so far (June and July) and have noticed significant improvement in my core strength and fitness ability. (Haven't lost much weight but then, maybe it's muscle gain?) They also provide track workouts on Wednesdays and I've noticed I have improved in my mile time, too. Just last week, I ran my fastest mile ever: 7:07!! I mean, running a 7 minute mile is an amazing accomplishment for me. I don't think I ran that fast when I was in cross country or track in high school! Overall, I really enjoy the camaraderie of the fellow women in the boot camp. This week has been my off week and as much as I've been loving the extra few hours of sleep, I miss working out early in the mornings. I can't wait until Monday. And, the track workouts leading up the SF Marathon will be really helpful.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julianne, I just found your blog on the Complete Running Network. Wow, running a mile in 7 minutes is incredibly fast! I hope to get there someday. I am somewhat new at running, training for my first full marathon and am currently using Hal Hidgon's program. It seemed to have worked well for you. Coming in as fast as you did would be really fantastic.

    ReplyDelete