Sunday, July 6, 2008

The 14 Miler

I went out for my long run of the week this morning on the Eastshore Trails (along the Eastshore State Park) starting in Point Isabel in Richmond, running through the Berkeley Marina to Emeryville. On a clear day, the panoramic view of San Francisco is breathtaking from this trail! The link here gives a good description of the state park area and trails, along with maps/directions. I ran about 14 miles and all seemed to be going well until I hit about 8 miles and I struggled quite a bit to keep my 9 min pace. I dropped to almost 11 min pace at one point. The last few miles, I was able to pick up my pace again but it was difficult to maintain that pace today. I'm almost wondering if my Nike+ is somehow subconsciously affecting my runs lately. Now that I'm aware that my distance and pace are being captured, I might be "stressed" about running fast and in turn affecting my runs. It could have been the smokey NorCal air or the heat... I'm just happy I finished my "tapering" long run today. Next weekend is 20 miles again... the last one!

No comments:

Post a Comment