Friday, March 27, 2009

Status Update on Fundraising

Here’s where I am so far with the fundraising. I have officially raised $900. (The Chip In widget on the right doesn't have all the totals!) A paltry amount to $45k. But, this is from my personal network of friends and family (and some of you), who opened up their wallets to support me. I have had donations as big as $100 to as small as $5. Every little bit counts. And I thank you very much!! I also had a small Tweetup last Frday at SNOB (Sonoma, Napa or Beyond) where I was able to meet some great people from Twitter. I absolutely LOVE my network on Twitter. I didn’t raise a whole lot of money there but it was great to network and meet people who gave me some great advice.

Give Forward has generously offered to partner with me and Hope Runs to help me gain more exposure and fundraising. Thank you Ethan for your willingness to help and offer up so many great suggestions!! I am hoping this partnership will also generate a lot of exposure for me and Hope Runs!

I have a few other events coming up in the next few weeks. On April 3rd, I am hosting a Ghetto Gourmet style dinner at an undisclosed location in the San Francisco East Bay. It’s a gourmet 4 course meal with wine pairing by a talented chef who has worked at various upscale restaurants in the Bay Area. One of them being a Michelin Starred restaurant. It’s a major deal to get a Michelin Star, by the way! Here’s the link, if you’d like to attend (or know anyone who might).

Another event I have is a Guest Bartending gig at The Boardroom in San Francisco. I’m doing it with a few other girlfriends (including Tara and Maritza), who are willing to donate their time to make you some delicious cocktails. ALL CASH tips will go straight to Hope Runs. So, if you’re in the area on April 9th, please stop by and bring lots of dollar bills!! (Larger bills are ok, too!)

One last thing, are we friends on Facebook? Would you like to be part of my Hope Runs 777 Challenge group?? And I have another blog over at WordPress to document my fundraising efforts... (Don't ask me how I am planning on keeping up with that one since I have a hard time keeping up with *this* one!!!)

Thank you for reading! :-)

Oh, wish us luck tomorrow, The Dirty Divas (me, Shelly, Audrey, Tara & Maritza) has a mud run challenge at the Big Sur Mud Run tomorrow morning!

19 comments:

  1. good luck at the mud run! Sounds like you've got some great ideas for the fundraising, great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome ideas for fundraising. Have fun at the mud run, it sounds like a fun race. Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck at the mud run!! I'm excited to see you complete the challenge! I look forward to helping you out as much as i can and meeting you ASAP!!! :) Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the fundraising!! And good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many exciting fund raising things - good luck!
    Can't wait to see pictures from the mud run too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we should definitely plan some kind of Portland fundraiser, too. Let's brainstorm next time you're in town.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your fundraising so far. Sounds like you have some great ideas.

    Have fun at Mud Run! We have one of those around here and I LOVE IT! So fun getting dirty. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. way to go and I can't wait for the race report from the FB photos

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with this whole process. It's going to be so fun to follow along.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! You have some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, almost $1000 in a month. You are well on your way.

    Hope the mud run was fun! My husband did one 2 years ago and it was so fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you want information on a wider selection of fundraising ideas I would suggest Easy Fundraising Ideas as a great resource.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you have a good start on the fundraising...I wouldn't even know where to begin!

    I will be making a donation! Maybe we can plan something in P-town too...you have a network up here =).

    The pics from the Mud run were fantastic. Myabe next year I can be a Dirty Diva too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julianne! I'm racin' and raising money for Hope Runs in Chicago. Looking forward to reading your blog in anticipation of the 777 Challenge. You rock!

    natasha
    natasha26mi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good job on the fundraising.. I need to throw my coins in the pot too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an awesome recap! That half sounds like a lot of fun! Congrats on how much you have raised as well!
    Now, off to check out your podasts! What a famous chica you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. hanks for the wonderful post .I bookmarked this site for further reading.
    Eeveryone love fashion clothing, Polo Ralph Lauren is very popular all over world, that is my dream to get Ralph Lauren Polo Shirts.We know Ray Ban by America soldier, all of them wear Ray Ban Sunglasses when they walk on the road, it is fashionable for you.

    ReplyDelete