Sunday, June 29, 2008

From Pitter Patter to Hitting the Pavement

A few years back, I started running. For a long time, I just ran about a mile at a time on the treadmill. Then, I decided to venture out to 2 to 3 miles on the mill. After a little while, I got tired of running at the gym. So I tried running outside for a scenery change. I must have really liked it because soon, I started to running longer and longer distances. I had always wanted to run a marathon... it was just one of those things on my "bucket list" of things to do. So I did. 4 years ago, I ran my first marathon. The San Francisco Marathon, the hilliest marathon of them all! I used the Hal Higdon training program online and followed it to the T. I ran my first marathon in 4 hours and 13 minutes!! That's still my fastest time. I've run 2 more SFMs since but haven't been able to. I signed up for my 4th one last week. I'd been running all year and kinda sorta training (but half heartedly) because I wasn't sure if I would do it again. You see, I'm getting married on August 8th and the race is on August 3rd! A lot of people are telling me not to do it for various reasons but I just must. I have to! I have a goal of running one marathon a year.

I don't look like your typical lean runner. I'm on the other category... the other typical not-so-lean runner. But I love running. It clears my head, keeps me healthy and releases those much needed endorphins. These days, I'm pretty obsessed with running and love to talk about my training programs and just running in general. Welcome to my running blog.

Julianne :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment